Governors are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality of education. Together with the Headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school’s aims and policies.
St Thomas More Catholic Primary School is managed by the Pope Francis Multi Academy Company, and the Local Governing Body at St Thomas More is accountable to the main Board of Directors at the PFMAC.
The 3 Core Functions of the Governing Board
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Overseeing financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
This is outlined on page 13 of the Governance Handbook.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure the school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
The Local Governing Body at St Thomas More School currently consists of:
|Anna Capilli Francis (Chair)
Sofia Massa (Vice Chair)
Marta Navas Mir
|Dr Anand Kulkarni
Previous Governors (resigned in the last 12 months):
Breda Bowles (left August 2022)
Mick Quigley (left January 2022)
Mary-Claire Hardie (left November 2021)
If you would like to view a copy of the minutes or other documents from a Governor meeting, please contact the school office on email@example.com. To contact the Chair of Governors, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.