Governors are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality of education. Together with the Headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school’s aims and policies.
St Thomas More Catholic Primary School is managed by the Pope Francis Multi Academy Company, and the Local Governing Body at St Thomas More is accountable to the main Board of Directors at the PFMAC.
Governors have three main roles:
- To provide strategic direction for the school
- To act as critical friend to the Headteacher
- To ensure accountability
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure the school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
The Local Governing Body at St Thomas More School currently consists of:
|Anna Capilli Francis (Chair)
John Bellasis (Vice Chair)
Marta Navas Mir
Previous Governors (resigned in the last 12 months):
Mick Quigley (left January 2022)
Mary-Claire Hardie (left November 2021)
Sue Tomkys (left March 2021)
If you would like to view a copy of the minutes or other documents from a Governor meeting, please contact the school office on email@example.com. To contact the Chair of Governors, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.