The school are involved with the preparation of children for the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation in conjunction with Fr Prem our Parish Priest. These take place after school and are led by our staff governor and headteacher. Catholic children in our school receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist in Year 3 and the Sacrament of Confirmation in Year 6.
- First Holy Communion takes place on the 19th June 2022 at 3:30 at St Thomas More Catholic Church.
- Confirmation takes place on the 26th June 2022 at 3:30 at St Thomas More Catholic Church.
- Details of the preparation lessons will be shared with parents the week beginning 14th March 2022
Preparing people to receive sacraments is a time-honoured practice of the Church. Faith formation is a lifelong process. Sacraments are milestones – signposts – along this faith journey. They are like road signs that guide us on the way to holiness, continually point us towards Christ, and ultimately lead us to our final destination which is heaven. Every time we participate in one of these sacred moments, we encounter Christ.
Are you seeking for your child to celebrate the sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Communion or Confirmation? Are you ready to help them live out the promise they make when they do?
Parents, St. Thomas More Catholic School and St. Thomas More Catholic Church, are each involved in preparing your child for a Catholic sacrament. It is a group effort, and everyone has a role:
- As a parent, the Church has always held that you are the primary teacher of the faith for your child. You teach them about God; you set the example; you talk about your own faith, and you bring them to Mass.
- The place where the sacraments are celebrated and lived is the Catholic parish. The people of God in that place are part of the Body of Christ. Being in a relationship with the parish community is essential for your life of faith.
- Catholic schools are a special place for children to learn more about Jesus Christ, to practice living in a community of faith, and to develop and deepen a relationship with Christ.
- Everyone involved in this process look forward to walking alongside the children and families in this their special journey. Please contact the school and or Parish to register your child for their First Holy Communion or Confirmation.