Thank you for your interest in Little Tommy’s Nursery. Each child in our care is valued and loved as a child of God. We equally value parents and carers as their child’s first educators and will work closely with you to help them settle and learn.
Our setting is run by qualified teachers and teaching assistants who are passionate about caring for young children and their development. The philosophy of the setting is to provide a continuous, free-flow provision where every child feels safe and happy. We aim for children to become confident, self-motivated, independent and happy learners through their play and to make good progress in the early years curriculum. Activities and experiences are planned around the children’s interests and level of development, as we appreciate that every child is unique.
The Nursery has its own classroom, as well as a second room that they can access with the Reception children if they choose. We have a large outside garden with a climbing frame, mud kitchen, bike track, raised beds and a large wooden playhouse. Our setup provides an excellent transition into Reception when the time comes.
For further details about our timetable and ethos, please see the Nursery prospectus.
NB Nursery children are 3-4 years old and can start with us at Little Tommy’s in the term after their third birthday. Reception children are 4-5 years old. If a child turns five in the school year from September-July, this is their Reception year.
Virtual tour of the setting
Information for prospective parents
- Little Tommy’s Nursery prospectus
- Little Tommy’s Nursery admissions policy
- All children should receive 15 hours’ funded Nursery and some may be eligible for 30 hours. To see if you are entitled to this, see the local authority guidance.
- Families on low incomes may be eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium. See the flyer for details.
To apply for a place
- Firstly, please fill in a Little Tommy’s interest form, which we will use to shortlist new applicants.
- Once you have been notified by the office that your child has a place, you need to complete the Little Tommy’s application form for new starters. Your child cannot start until this is completed in full.
- We will also need completed Little Tommy’s permission forms.